Saturday, December 12, 2020

Finding Dori

I have always loved this frame from the Rankin/Bass Hobbit, and it is in fact at the moment both the background screen of my computer and on the banner of my Facebook page. But as I've realized on and off through the years, it only contains images of twelve of the dwarves. Checking with my Abrams copy of "The Hobbit" to be sure, from left to right they are Dwalin, Balin, Kili, Fili, Thorin in the foreground, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bombur, and Bofur. By process of elimination that leaves Dori (probably hidden behind Thorin) as the dwarf not shown, which is rather ironic as he is one of the three or four dwarves who actually get individual speaking parts throughout the special. Here is a screen grab with Dori in the line-up, and Bombur back in his place in Thorin's roll call.

No comments:

Post a Comment