Wednesday, November 1, 2023

That's Entertaining: Comical Books 01

 

When I 'finished' my book catalog in the early August of last year, I knew that I still had a slew of paperbacks that I had not listed. It was not that I didn't consider them 'real' books - except that I sort of didn't. My main reason though, was that I was very tired, and did not want to have to go chasing down every individual cover all over the internet, which was my method at the time. But today I realized that now that I have a cameraphone-telephone, I can just take pictures of them in batches. And so I have.
 
This post covers an odd lot of scanty runs. Other comics have longer lists of issues, but the scarcity of these is not to be taken as an indication of either their importance or their influence. Of particular interest is Don Martin Bounces Back, which is a replacement for one of our earliest books. It contains the fabled saga of National Gorilla Suit Day. John has more Don Martin paperbacks, including ones featuring the much-loved Captain Klutz.

I actually have another of Morrie Turner's 'Wee Pals' books, Kid Power, which is complete except for its cover. Very popular at the time as a sort of updated Peanuts with a more diverse cast, including what amounted to a blond-haired Lucy.

And we had another Mr. Magoo book, the remains of which reside in the 'Tattered Remnants' drawer. I can't be sure at this length of time if this is the one it was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment