Thursday, January 25, 2024

What I Did Today (In 2019)

 


2/25/2019: Got up 5 AM, got dressed, read Bible, [prayed the]Rosary, and before I knew it, ‘twas 6:45 AM. Caught up Diary. Much of a Monday muchness. Did laundry (including my Copperfit and Ace bandage). Watched some Practice (have gotten to the place I started watching). Wrote several pages on ED [Eye of Darkness] then sent the new batch to John with a begging note (now he’s scheduled to come by tomorrow at 2:30 PM to give me a trim). Much YouTube, FaceBook, and WWF[Words With Friends]. Reading BH [Bleak House](amusing to see Dickens writing as he imagines a girl would). On a whim for the first time in a while looked on E-Bay, Amazon, and Etsy, particularly on a quest for Dwarf action figures. A little after 8 PM heard a very fast and piercing electronic rendition of Jingle Bells, seeming to come from the Neighbors-over-the-Creek. An odd season for it. Which reminds me: a fairly nice day with clouds coming and going, with one burst of hard rain just at 3 PM or so, lasting about 10 minutes. Enough to muddy the ground again.

Had the strange observation that it must be some months since I disturbed my shelves to read anything. Or gone into the toy bins. Or watched a DVD, except at Kam’s request when the cable was out. Don’t know if that “juice” is taken up by writing, or the Kindle, or even by RCIA [Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, or Catholic training]. I wonder what life will be like after the book comes out. Will it be much different? Will any GOOD come out of it, or just added bother? I can’t imagine it really, though unlikely dreams and fantasies pass through my mind. I’m having a lot of fun with the Morg stories, but they seem right now only fit for private entertainment.  I’m not only writing them for John, maybe, but for the boys we used to be; playings, like he said.

John e-mail: I love Thron's jest about his future, and his old Morg wisdom! The Morgish- ness of both he and Belmok is really fun. A nice installment, indeed! Talk more tomorrow.

Notes

I was into watching The Practice at the time, which I was interested in as a sort of prequel to Boston Legal, which I was enormously amused by and which played on several channels and times (or so I remember it; it was at least regularly available). It was a strange time of suspension: waiting for A Grave on Deacon's Peak to come out and heading for my baptism and reception into the Church. I was not on Medicare yet and relied heavily on John's paying me $20 a month for every thirty pages written. 


No comments:

Post a Comment