Thursday, February 11, 2021

Little Red Diary: April, 1981

APRIL 11: Mike came back [from South West Texas State University, after the end of the semester].

APRIL 12: Got new "Bored of the Rings," saw Errol Flynn's "Robin Hood."


APRIL 13: Took Senior pictures. Tassel!! Really frenzied.

APRIL 14: Very dull. Turned English books in. Over-worked at home.

APRIL 15: Extremely sleepy. Worked till 12 [midnight].

APRIL 16: Peeled peaches. "Dracula, Prince of Darkness"  came on.


APRIL 17: Cored peaches, made jelly. Overworked, though the weather was summery.

APRIL 26: Belladonna had kittens.


Although "Robin Hood" had been around forever and I'd heard much about it (it was even referenced in a Bugs Bunny cartoon), this was the first time I'd ever seen it. My older copy of "Bored of the Rings" (which I still have as well) was showing serious wear. It was the tail-end of my Senior year and a peculiar mixture of excitement, fear, and boredom. I wasn't even 18 yet and all these changes and decisions were suddenly ahead of me. Meanwhile life (and jelly-making with Pop) went on. Belladonna (named after Bilbo's mother) was the daughter of my first cat, Rosemary (named after the girl in "Carbonel, the King of Cats). 

No comments:

Post a Comment