Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Well, I'm Back ... ish

As most people will know, last week Texas was paralyzed with an usually long, deep period of cold and snow for our southern state. I was pretty much paralyzed myself, not only being kept in by the cold but being sore all over from my fall on an icy gutter even before the snow fell. And when the temperature got down into the teens, it was as if my brain froze.

Even on my best days I only have so much 'juice' (as I call my energy or gumption) to expend on my activities, whether it is writing or doing my daily chores. In my entries on "What Happened" I had simply been publishing what I had already written some years ago, and I ran out of that first chapter of my life just before the cold snap fell and was filling in with "Little Red Diary" entries. I had been poised to start talking about First Grade with new writing, and I hope to do so soon. But my 'juice' was required just to get through that freezing week. It didn't help that I cut my left thumb, and if you think that's a small thing, try not using your left thumb or getting it wet for even an hour.

For two days now we have had nice warm weather. Cleaning and clearing up has been well begun, and I'm feeling almost human again.  My thumb is getting a nice scar. I hope to begin writing again tomorrow, if not sooner. My scattered memories will take a bit of weaving but I hope as I apply myself they will come together into some kind of narrative. 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment