Saturday, January 14, 2023

Bits and Bobs: Tolkien Posters

Back when I ran pictures of my Tolkien posters, I think I forgot about this one. It was made by Jimmy Cauty when he was only 17! He later followed it up with this poster for The Hobbit, which I do not have:
In looking up Jimmy Cauty I was surprised that he has had a long career in the music industry, with an emphasis on protest and performance art in his productions. He was one half of KLF (aka The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, aka The JAMS) who made one of my favorite musical oddities, "Justified and Ancient" (band and song named after a conspiracy group in The Illuminatus! Trilogy), whose music video featured the unlikely appearance of Tammy Wynette.  The group also made a single, "Doctorin' the Tardis". Now 66, he is currently married to Alannah Currie, formerly of The Thompson Twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment