Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Assessments

 

Miss Nowotny’s Notes on Me (2nd Grade 1971-1972):

10-9-70: Bryan needs to learn to give and take when the class plays at recess. If and when things don’t go as he thinks they should he immediately cries.

5-31-71: I can see a tremendous improvement in Bryan – especially in the areas of sports and play period. He likes the monkey bars now (at first he was hysterical when I tried to get him to hang from them). He is a good kickball player. He has started to join in play with the other children.

 

Mrs. Bratton’s Notes on Me (4th Grade 1973-1974)

3/5/73: Bryan has been very careless with his work this six weeks. Some assignments were not completed at all. He has refused to memorize all the multiplication facts. Certainly he is capable of making excellent grades. I am free for a conference at your convenience.

4/16/73: Bryan has improved a great deal this past six weeks in all areas.


It is indeed true that I had a keen sense of justice. It took me a long time to learn how to bend over and take injustice with stoicism. And even today I am reluctant to risk dropping half my body length to the ground. I got behind on the 'multiplication facts' when I had the measles, and it has blighted my mathematics ever since. I'm still pretty shaky on the nine times. But nowadays with all these new-fangledy computers even on teleophones, who needs 'em? 


No comments:

Post a Comment