Monday, April 22, 2024

Baum is the Bomb: Some Oz in the Archive

 


L. Frank Baum and his works have always been a part of my life. One of the earliest dreams I can remember is from when I was in 2nd Grade and involved Oz characters with the Yellow Brick Road rising up from the back playground of the school into the sky. Anyway, my latest reading prompted me to gather together my Oz and Oz-related media, and to show them all together. From editions of The Wizard of Oz:







To the Del Rey L. Frank Baum/Ruth Plumly Thompson series, with covers by Michael Herring:















To movies and specials:




To non-Oz Baum:







To non-Baum Oz:



To graphic Oz:












To visitors from Oz:



To Oz in the Shadow Library:








But nothing seems to capture the fine, free spirit of The Wizard of Oz (both book and 1939 movie). 


No comments:

Post a Comment