Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Wideo Wednesday


Got up this morning and sat down to blog, and suddenly realized I didn’t know what to post. It was too soon to put on any of my writings or diaries again. I didn’t have any new books in. So, I decided to start a new thing. Well, not entirely a new thing; but something I’ve done only a few times before and pretty irregularly, at that. And that is to link YouTube videos to the post.

Not just any videos, of course, but things that have some sort of connection (even negative connections) to my past, cartoons or music or snippets of TV shows or even old commercials. My parameters are to be: only three at a time (though I have an enormous list of saved links) and only fairly short ones (under 30 minutes) and leave some sort of little explanation about it.

 Cartoon - To Spring - Happy Harmonies 1936 (Classic Adorable Cartoon in HD!) - YouTube

A weird cartoon that kind of intrigued and freaked me out as a kid. "To Spring is a 1936 animated musical short produced by Harman and Ising for the MGM cartoon studio's Happy Harmonies series. Although the production credit goes to Harman and Ising this short was actually the first cartoon to be directed by the future cartoon giant William Hanna, along with animator Paul Fennell. It is one of just three MGM cartoons that are in the public domain, and the only Happy Harmonies short in the public domain." - Wikipedia.

A Morgish Lament - YouTube

My friend Alan Peschke occasionally adapts my poetry into music and sings it on his own channel, which I find a rare treat. A Morgish Lament appears in the already posted Sergeant Roth

Electric Company~Miss Jones - YouTube

A little cartoon from the Electric Company show that always impressed my by the main character's emotional dilemma and the deadpan delivery of the last line. Sometimes declaimed in the family as 'Happy Birthday, Steve Jones.' I'll have to give Steve Jones his own post one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment