Saturday, September 19, 2020

Some Shadowy Shadows from the Shadow Library












A few words of explanation. We never had the Tom and Jerry book, but it looms large in our memory. Mike had read it in 1st Grade (or perhaps his teacher had read it to the class) and he retold it to us later. He MAY have given us the impression that he was making it up; I recall I was a little surprised to find it in the class library next year.
"Bullwhip Griffin" is one of the more forgotten Disney live-action films; I got a copy of the book it was based on in 4th Grade, God knows how or why, and by middle school it was gone. 
I got "Adam of the Road" and "Otto of the Silver Hand" for the illustrations by Lawson and Pyle, then sold them when the pictures became readily available on the internet. I like Peter Ackroyd, but felt no need to keep these novels after I had read them.
And while I had no need for books to tell me the JW's were wrong, it helped for a while to have the facts at my fingertips. I couldn't find a picture of the cover of my copy of Ted Dencher's book. [But now I have. 6/2/23]

No comments:

Post a Comment