Thursday, January 13, 2022

Rick and Morty: Season Five

 

Rick and Morty: Season Five has been called by some a series-breaker, mainly because in places it ‘establishes canon’, has actual character development, and brings several story arcs to a kind of a conclusion rather than constantly juggling and teasing them through a simply episodic serial. People are afraid, I think, that they will miss the kind of show they have come to love; they cannot see how it could progress from here, and that it might grow beyond a simple series of absurd adventures without losing the adventures or the absurdity. While I acknowledge that Rick and Morty is walking a kind of highwire here, I don’t think this season any worse than the past seasons, and I enjoy it for what it is. My only beef with this DVD collection is that it doesn’t contain a proper commentary track with each episode as the other seasons have had in the past.  
Update: Looking back I see I didn't mark when I got Season Four. Well, I do have it.



No comments:

Post a Comment