Thursday, January 20, 2022

The Shadow Library: Oh Dear




I found these memories more or less last night. The Crock of Gold was a soft cover (rather flimsy) that I replaced when I found a hardback copy. After Ghost Story I followed Peter Straub for quite a bit; Shadowland was one of his novels that I enjoyed more than others. First I had the paperback, then the hardback when I found one, and eventually I sold both. I got Northanger Abbey because I had heard it was in the Gothic tradition, or at least a parody of that tradition as it petered out.

Anyway, I found or remembered these books posted here because last night and much of this morning I spent making a list of the Shadow Library by title and author. When I counted the books, it came out to exactly 850, the number I had offered as a mere estimate a few posts ago! I'm sure I might remember more. As things stand, I now have the ambition to sort all the Shadow List into categories and then post them with labels. I'm just that compulsive.

No comments:

Post a Comment