Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The Shadow Library: Obsoletely Faboo

 

In the middle-to late 1990’s I was vastly amused by the show “Absolutely Fabulous”, which followed the adventures of two fashion crows, Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone (played by Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley) who lived by and on the vapors of all that was trendy and outrageous. Despite their struggles and what can only be described as their deplorable lack of morals, they seemed to land on their feet without serious comeuppance, as such people mainly do. What I always saw as a wickedly sharp parody, other people took as a model lifestyle. I also confess I had a little crush on the rather decent character of Saffy Monsoon (played by Julia Sawalha). When I found these inexpensive volumes containing the scripts of the first two seasons remaindered in the Hamilton Books catalog, I bought them, and then later, sold them.
Oh, Saffy, what happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment