Saturday, June 18, 2022

Object of Interest: The Marlin Pony Go Roun'

 

I am always on the look out for various prehistoric toys that we owned since forever, many times going over Google Search or through eBay or Etsy looking for at least a picture to hold in my memory. One was a little wind-up carousel with pink, blue, and yellow horses. The original was thrown away during one of the parental toy purges; it had been broken for many years, though if you shook it you could get a reminiscent jangle. Well, last night I was looking over a video on YouTube about the 1968 S&H Green Stamps Wishbook (S&H Green Stamp Catalog Toy Section & Other Mid Century Fun! ~ Toy-Addict - YouTube) when this tiny image caught my eye. It was, of course, in the worst spot to capture a picture, but I did manage these little clips. It is perhaps too blurry for an absolute identification, but the timing (1968) is right, as is the thrifty condition under which it could be obtained. At least it gives me a name with which to pursue further investigations, though I must admit that so far I have found out nothing farther.

Update July 16th! I found this much clearer picture from Etsy, looking VERY familiar, and might just probably be our earlier incarnation (1965) of the Marlin toy:

No comments:

Post a Comment