Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Shadow Library: An Animated Discussion

 

I was pretty sure that I had given this to Kameron but he says he can't find it at the moment. The Simpsons Uncensored Family Album (1991) by Matt Groening (rhymes with complaining) was a very early tie-in with the earlier, funny episodes.
Drawn Together began as a fairly amusing show about a batch of characters representing different styles of animation living together in one house for a TV show. Originally a parody and deconstruction of the attitudes and assumptions of different times and types, it devolved largely into a scurrilous and stercoraceous exercise in offense. And not in a good way. After I had seen the movie, I realized I had had enough of the show and was probably never going to re-watch it or show it to another, so into the Shadows it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment