Thursday, June 22, 2023

I'm a Happy Campel!

 

Well, yesterday about noon my sister, her husband, my nephew-in-law, and an electrician turned up, and by 1 PM or so my AC situation was cleared away! It never got too hot, either. The best thing about it, I think, was that it showed how much people do care about me, and that cheered me up no end.

Later, at night, we actually had a little rain, a commodity which we have not had much of lately, and it not only cooled things down a bit, it laid much of the dust and pollen and healed the dry cracks of the earth somewhat. So altogether I am facing a happier day than yesterday.

Today is also my nephew's birthday, and there is some celebration and gathering to look forward to. He has been reading The Lord of the Rings aloud to me, and yesterday he read four chapters, taking us to the end of the fifth book (or halfway through The Return of the King).

I figure if I'm going to post a bit of whinging here, I should at least post the happy sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment