Thursday, June 1, 2023

Krezdorn

 

KREZDORN

 

Far in the dim of a summer's eve

I seem to see, past the shadow's weave,

On the verge of sight

A distant light

Sifting through the murmuring trees.

 

Krezdorn--magic Krezdorn--

Where the mystic wizards weave--

Krezdorn--faery Krezdorn--

In the Land of Make-Believe!

 

In the gloom of the noon of an autumn day

I seem to hear, as the dead leaves play,

The fading knell

Of a crystal bell

In the wind where the bare trees groan and sway.

 

Krezdorn--eldritch Krezdorn--

Where the fauns and satyrs play--

Krezdorn--mythic Krezdorn--

Full of wandering dreams astray!


I'm feeling in a sort of truant mood today as the first day of June hustles in what feels like an undeniable day of summer (though technically that's not until the 21st), so I offer up this little tongue-in-cheek poem. It has its origins back when I was at Mr. Gatti's and there was an order to Krezdorn Street. I remember thinking that was the sort of name that would fit well into some sort of D&D campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment