Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Seems a Bit Close to the Last One

 

Well, I was finally climbing slowly up the sides of the emotional pit I've found myself in for the past couple of weeks. In fact, this morning I was doing very well, completing my morning tasks early. These usually take me almost to noon, but I was done by 6:30 AM. Then at 7:30 AM I turned my air conditioner on, and Zzzzit! the wall outlet fizzled out.

I am quite sure it is the outlet and not the AC itself. It will probably be after 5 PM before an electrician can come take a look. Here in our part of Texas we've been having highs just slightly over 100 degrees, but I can keep the house fairly tolerable, I think, if I don't let the stored 'coolth' out and keep a fan on. It is not just the heat that must be endured that is bumming me out.

It is the piled on trouble, and worry, and distraction that is weighing me down. I can not do anything, I cannot work, I cannot read, I cannot even watch TV with any peace of mind until this problem resolves itself. Anything I try to think about is shoved off the shelf and replaced with this new trouble. It adds some new anxieties to life and exacerbates a few old ones. 

But, it must be borne, and thus can be borne. It is, as they say, sort of a 'first world problem', but coming on top of other of my worries, has made me feel as if the rug has suddenly pulled out from under me ... again. But I must say, 'talking' about it has made me feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment