Sunday, August 20, 2023

If I Could Save Time In A Bottle

 

Susan and Andy found this just today in one of their storage facilities. I had forgotten it even existed! It is one of my old art projects from middle school, where we had to paint a wine bottle, draw and color designs on it, then cover it with a clear glaze. I chose an underwater theme, with rather cartoonish carp, turtles, eels, and seaweed. For a while Mom had it on one of the living room end-tables, with a bouquet of flowers in it, then it was moved to the top of the china cabinet. It must have got put into storage when we emptied out the old house on Loop Drive.

A few other art projects I still remember are a little blue glazed pottery jug, rather lop-sided, which I still have, and two painted pictures of a squirrel (done from a picture in the Wildlife Encyclopedias) and a castle from a clipping from National Geographic. Ah, my yellowed memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment