Thursday, December 14, 2023

A Few Words About "Action Figures to Be Noted"

 I was being good. I really was. I was fine about not getting any more action figures. The run of toys in any outlet store, if I ever went to one, was easily ignored as bland and banal. If a good action figure occasionally accidentally trailed itself across my vision, I was interested, maybe to the point of buying one online, if it was moderately priced (like Captain Picard as a Victorian gentleman). Perhaps getting that was my downfall; perhaps it was posting about so many old action figures on Facebook. I had suddenly been plugged into the algorithm; I was bombarded with commercials that waved their tantalizing wares under my nose every time I went to check to see what my 'peeps' might be up to. Like a fool, I started to download pictures of those that appealed to me and posting them as soon as I had a fair number collected. This was the origin of 'Action Figures to Be Noted', not as a Wish List but as a record that such things existed. Yesterday I grew a little fed up with the distracting drip-feed from ads. I went directly to Entertainment Earth (the worst offender as far as being purveyors of interesting and high-quality toys goes) and I went through 118 pages of action figures, culling out pictures of the ones that got my attention. Here they are. I really hope this will cut down on my renewed obsession, but it may be only feeding it. Is it my fault that we are living in the middle of a sort of 'hidden' Renaissance of  high-quality figures? If I cannot have them, I at least have pictures of them to sigh and dream over, like a sixteen-year-old girl over her dream-dates in a music mag.  
































No comments:

Post a Comment