Sunday, December 3, 2023

I Am ... Imo

 

After never seeing another like it, and after two decades of combing the internet, I found at last (on eBay) another instance of the beloved squeaky toy we named 'Omi' from time immemorial. Since its color scheme seems to have been flipped from ours (a black bag instead of a blue bag, a blue stick instead of a black stick, blue glasses and black eyes instead of black glasses and blue eyes), I name him 'Imo', as is suitable for a denizen of an alternate mirror universe. I bought him, and he should be here by the end of the week. I still have no idea what year he was made or by what company, which would shed light on our own beloved toy; for instance, I have found out that our old squeaky owl Blinkie was made by Formulette in 1962, which tells us about when Mom and Pop bought him. 
Also on the toy front, a JC Penny's catalogue page that has a picture of the Frankenstein Monster figure that John has, as well as the Rodan that we bought so long ago (wingless remains in the Old Toybox, I think).
Not an action figure, but a vinyl sculpt of Gandalf by WETA, including non-canonical Jacksonian moth. In caricature form looks even more like Ian McKellen than his computer-scanned action figures do.

No comments:

Post a Comment