Sunday, July 19, 2026

2021 Diary: The Last Few Days of July


7/29/2021: Up about 5 AM, prayers and Bible. Fell asleep during cartoons. A little after 9 AM went to FD, got (besides some food) a new belt and the Kung Fu Panda trilogy. Watched “Heartbreak House” until about noon. Went in at 3:30 PM to cook supper (chili). Kept expecting Kam to come home, but Susan took him to the shop. Burst of wind and rain about 5 PM. When I went in to wash dishes at 8 PM, I could hardly get anything out of Kam about the TV interview, just that he thought it went well. Worked up the final integration of the Birthday Books into the shelves and read about half of “Padre Porko”. Would that July would end.

 

7/30/2021: Up at 5 AM.  Prayers, Bible. Cartoons. Checked my RBFCU account, saw it had the next deposits, so ordered from HEB. Started frying taters about 1 PM, or at least gathering the stuff and prepping. At 2 PM went out and waited and the delivery came, this time by a nice lady aided by her son. I always wonder if people are judging me by Susan’s house, not realizing that I am personally poorer than they are (probably) (though rich in family love). Humped everything in in FIVE loads, though it was helped by carrying the sodas and teas in a Walmart cloth bag. Called John and we had a long yak. Done frying by 3:30 PM. Went in and as I cooked the fish Kameron and I waited for and watched his appearance on KENS news. It was a very creditable performance. They had him wear a hat to be more interesting. Went in and washed at 7:30 PM, then made myself a big burger. Bed about 9:30 PM.

 

7/31/2021: Up about 5 AM again. Prayers and caught up diary. Bible. Cartoons at 6 AM, and I slept in and out through them until 8 AM. Had eggs and cheese at breakfast. At 11 AM took trash out and talked with Susan; she was going through the storehouse to find a mama-san cushion for Kam. Reading “A Celtic Temperament” on and off all day. Played DQ8 a while. For lunch/dinner (about 3:30 PM) had hamburger, onion, cauliflower, and cheese mix. It’s now 7 PM and I’m about halfway through ACT. Saturdays are so dreadfully lonely. I seldom see anyone as they are all busy and I have no cooking to do.


Notes

'Oh my God, I was so happy then!' 'Happy? You were miserable! You told me so yourself!' 'I was happy, I just didn't know it.' I needn't have fretted so. All Julys end ... inevitably.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment