Saturday, October 10, 2020

Discography: A New Feature

 In the world of simply downloading whatever music you want into a device, the CD certainly comes across as unwieldy and old fashioned. You would have to buy an entire album, sometimes, just to get the one song you wanted. Their selection was limited by how many people wanted a copy, unlike a simple music file, which needs no material embodiment. And the space CDs took up! But I remember when, not so long ago, they seemed the slickest item in the land, so much better than those bulky, easily scratched LP records. I never bought very many CDs, but the ones I have still hang around persistently, and I doubt that I'll ever sell all of them. There is something comforting in their grip on physical presence. Anyway, I'm going to begin putting them up here, but only as pictures.

And as you see, I've discovered how to change the font size. I am a cautious old dinosaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment