Saturday, October 17, 2020

In the Penumbra of the Shadow Library

 


The two Golden Star Disney books are not entirely gone, but they lack their covers and some pages; we got them when we were very young and treated them with the carelessness of youth. "Alexander Kitten" was, if I remember correctly, a book our Omi kept for the kids to read; John's first cat was named after it. I never actually owned "The Great Orm of Loch Ness", but oh, how I wanted it, if only for that cover alone! The Jughead and Archie Digest was something of an anomaly (we didn't usually read them), purchased for one of our fabled trips to the coast. The story I remember most is Jughead pulling a Connecticut Yankee and traveling to Camelot, where he has an encounter with a dragon. I recall I had the urge to hide it at the rental cabin we occupied and then see if it was still there when we came back next year. Lucky I didn't, for we never returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment