Tuesday, October 6, 2020

The Deep Breath Before the Plunge

 
Well, that last post concludes the larger part of my library, including books I no longer have, books I wish I had, DVDs, and Tolkien Treasures. I have gone to some lengths to get pictures that match the cover of every edition exactly, or if they are too plain when in bare covers, the jackets that they would have had. Some of the only pictures I could locate are rather blurry from low resolution; they were the best to be found. But now we come to 'the meat of the potato' as Darrell Sheets might say, the jewels of my collection, my source of solace, my treasure, my fate, my own, my precious, my Tolkien books. I've already posted the paperbacks and the 'artifacts'. Tomorrow I begin on the main collection, shown here behind me in my 'Tolkien Shrine'. As there are over 200 volumes, I will be taking them on a few bites at a time. It might take me well over a week to get to the end. But I look forward to it with great glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment