Saturday, April 2, 2022

Pelican History: The Shadow Library

 

The Greeks ... H. D. F. Kitto
The Romans ... R. H. Barrow

In just the past couple of days I discovered, completely by chance it would seem, the YouTube shows of Steve Donoghue, a long-time book reviewer who was doing a Book Tour of his current library, including a look at his own ‘shadow library’. A lively and likeable man, maybe five or ten years older than myself, his tastes and opinions are close enough to my own to appeal and different enough not to bore. His snappy and interesting summations usually run to about ten books in thirty minutes. When I saw his coverage of “Owls in the Family”, I knew that here was a fellow to watch.

And he keeps reminding me of books I used to have. He, too, has a fascination with Penguin, Pelican, and Puffin books; just today, thanks to him, I recalled these two volumes I had under the Pelican imprint, the non-fiction arm of Penguin books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment