Saturday, April 30, 2022

Walt Disney Comics Digest #7

 

Walt Disney Comics Digest #7 (January 1969) is an interesting exception to the rules here. We never had it as kids, and I never bought it when I was trying to collect them all later. BUT! Inspired by these posts I looked it up on Amazon and found a copy for $10 (Lord knows what condition at that price, really) and ordered it. The only thing I can really say about it is that it is apparently the first appearance anywhere of “Buck Duck, Last of the Good Guys”, an unusual and rare branch or spin-off of the Duck family. I always thought he looked kind of like Richard Boone as an Anseriforme.


1 comment:

  1. As of today (May 5), I have that copy and have already read it. There were very odd instances when I read a strange phrase or two and just KNEW that it would have tickled our fancy and become an element of Babelese, the weird shorthand batch of references that have become almost a private lingo in our family.

    ReplyDelete