Saturday, August 6, 2022

More Mutters, More Matters

I thought I would go ahead and show a few more of my books and circumstances. Here is my desk, where I composed A Grave on Deacon's Peak and do all my computer business. I do not think it will ever be donated to a library. It is basically the two boards of my old computer desk, now supported by two shelves, festooned on the sides by wires and a powerboard, and tucked snugly into one corner of the room. That line of books on top is volumes of the Ignatius Press Collected Chesterton; as many as there are that is less than half of the series. The shelf underneath is double-stacked. Visible on the bottom are books by Neal Hancock, Michael Moorcock, Katherine Kurtz, and Lloyd Alexander.
The other supporting desk shelf. Of particular note are books by and about Robert Graves, Howard Pyle's Arthurian series, works of literary criticism, and anthologies. That bottom shelf is usually completely covered by the loveseat.
A couple of little shelves with all of my DVDs. The one on the right is dedicated to anime; you can see my Dragonball series. On top of that shelf are plastic drawers that contain lots of my action figure accessories: separate drawers for axes, swords, armor and helmets, and so on. There is one whole glorious drawer for oddities such as hats, umbrellas, candles, and other arcana. It's all on top of a dresser, the contents of which are our next subject.

Some of my better paperbacks. Blaylock, Donaldson McKillip, Powers, Gaiman, Pratchett, Cabell, Lovecraft, and Lewis. All can be pulled out for easy access. 
And here at the last is the one drawer in the Tolkien Shrine that still has books. It contains some of my oldest Tolkien, from The Tolkien Reader to the original A Guide to Middle-earth (both of which I toted around at Briesemeister Middle School) to my Gold Boxed LOTR&The Hobbit. Also hidden away are my most shameful Tolkien-related books, The Sellamillion and The Wobbit. I wish I had taken a few seconds to straighten it up after I opened the drawer too quickly, but Kelsey (who again took the pictures for me) was on her way out the door, and in my haste I didn't notice. But note the Gandalf Glass Goblet that Kenny gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment