Saturday, November 5, 2022

Back Into The Library

 

King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, Retold by Roger Lancelyn Green

Today I needed to break a bill. I has also been meaning to go and check out the Seguin Public Library book store again. So I decided to combine the two while the day was still cool. Once there, by great chance, I stumbled across this improved version of the book I had just remembered a few days ago, because Kameron had bought another book by Roger Lancelyn Green, a retelling of Egyptian tales. Green was famous for such retellings of various myth cycles; he was also the friend who had encouraged C. S. Lewis to write the Chronicles of Narnia. There was something of a mystery surrounding his death in 1987. Anyway, I had been regretting having sold my old copy and it's sudden re-appearance in an upgraded version seemed more than coincidental. For a mere $2, I  grabbed it and toted it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment