Thursday, April 25, 2024

Playing with Dollies: The Shadow Toybox




Back in the day, when I was still an actual child (say the mid-Seventies), we managed to get our hands on exactly one MEGO Oz doll, the Cowardly Lion. I, of course, would have preferred the Tin Woodman. In time, the figure was nicknamed Otis, and lost most of his accoutrements, except his bodystocking. His remains remain to this day.

Later (say the late Eighties), when the Oz Multi Toys line rolled around, I had to get them (except for the girl Munchkins, and, maybe, the Winged Monkey? - hard to remember at this late date), despite my dissatisfaction with their dolly format. It was Oz! For the longest of time they were stored in the Old Toybox when I was still at Loop Drive. Sometime in the Nineties or early 2000's I gave them to Kelsey and Kaitlyn (still with their boxes), and now they are stored in Susan’s attic.

Much the same origin and fate apply to the Biken Express Seven Dwarfs, which I had to have, because, you know – Dwarfs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment