Saturday, August 29, 2020

Tolkien Treasury: Calendars




































Today I begin a new feature for the blog, "Tolkien Treasury". It will include non-book items from my Tolkien Shrine. I started getting Tolkien calendars very soon after first reading "The Hobbit". Daryl Fleming had the 1977 Hildebrandt calendar hanging in his classroom. How I coveted it! I made sure that Mom ordered me the next year's calendar by putting up a note on the kitchen chalkboard, the fabled 'calenoor' misreading with my malformed 'd'. I did my best to get a new calendar each year, but either from lack of funds, being able to find them, or just plain not being attracted to the artwork, there are lacunae in my collection. Lack of funds is still my most popular and current reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment