Monday, July 25, 2022

Another Birthday on the Books

 

Today, as of 12:04 PM, I became officially 59 years old. I had already had a wonderful birthday party (observed) yesterday, as Sunday was a good day when the local family could get together, and we had a very enjoyable kind of continuance on this, the actual day. Among other nice things that happened, Kelsey took me by the library bookstore, where I picked up these two volumes.

The first is Norwegian Folk Tales, by Peter Christen Asbjornsen and Jorgen Moe, one of the reprints of classic volumes by The Pantheon Fairy Tale & Folklore Library. There are illustrations by the great Theodor Kittelsen, as well as by Erik Werenskiold. It will go well with my other Pantheon collections of tales.

The second is Theodore Rex, by Edmund Morris, the second book in a trilogy about Theodore Roosevelt, which covers the years he was President. I had recently heard good things about these books, especially the first one, the Pulitzer prize-winning The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt.  The third book, Colonel Roosevelt, follows the post-White House years to his death. For $3, I thought this was a good place to start, and the Universe seemed to be suggesting it.




No comments:

Post a Comment