Saturday, July 16, 2022

Personal Matters

 

Sorry I haven’t posted for a few days, but it’s been a busy and somewhat wearying time, and I have had no new arrivals to arouse my blogging instincts.

On Thursday the 14th, it was my niece’s 27th birthday, and I was busy first making cupcakes, and then preparing all the elements to make tacos. In the afternoon we had a family party that lasted from 5:30 – 11 PM, with feasting, swimming (I actually got – oh, so carefully - into the pool), and then playing two games of Catch Phrase, where, for a change, the boys team won for once!

On Friday I finished counting my books (using blog entries rather than a physical count) and came up with a grand total of 2,216 volumes, with a possible variance of -20 or +20, either way (it’s hard for me to keep track of numbers accurately). If I recall correctly, the count was 3,000+ when I moved from Loop Drive. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It’s a thing.

Temperatures had been around 105, but with a sudden sharp swift shower on Thursday (which had looked fair to cancel the swimming that day but passed quickly enough) things have been a little less life-drainingly hot (but still close to 100 in the late afternoon).

Although my re-writes of “Bob’s Book” have been crawling along, I hope to be done with Chapter Two by my own birthday later this month. I’m getting close to the chapter’s end, but maybe putting this time limit to it will help me buckle down and complete it. And that’s about all I have to say right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment