Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Wideo Wednesday: Sing Me a Song

 


An odd lot of bits. Mary Martin's cover of 'Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo' is responsible for one of my earliest nicknames; Mom called me Bip Bip Dee Bobbidy, or Bip for short, because of all the 'B's in my name. 'The Age of Magic' is exactly that compilation of movie magic I've wanted for years. Crazily enough the theme from 'Sigmund and the Sea Monsters' captures something of the feel of summer days from when I was little, and 'Nonno's Final Poem' from Night of the Iguana of summer nights now that I am old. I'm afraid I've had to put the entire 'You Can't Take It with You' here (it's all good and worth watching) because I couldn't find the snippet with Grampa's speech to Kolenkov (it appears at about 56 minutes in). 'Over the Sea to Skye' is the Robert Louis Stevenson song I thought I was putting in last week's post (though that one's pretty good too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G9dQsNJbeQ Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo, Mary Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment