Saturday, June 22, 2024

From a Golden Time

 


Finding Sparrow in the Treetop the other day sent me down a side quest: to find the other yellow Golden Record 78’s we had from Mom’s childhood. These came out in 1953 with the release of Walt Disney’s Peter Pan. Mom must have been around 11. The only one I couldn’t find on YouTube was with the flipside You Can Fly of the Peter Pan Theme Song (“The Second Star on the Right”). Mom also had a red record Peter Pan (the record company, not the movie) 78 with The Blue Tail Fly and Skip to My Lou on it. I’m putting two links to that; one is more complete than the other. More childhood memories recovered and noted.

Anne Lloyd & Dan Ocko - Second Star to the Right - YouTube

Anne Lloyd & Dan Ocko - Your Mother and Mine - YouTube

Anne Lloyd, Dan Ocko and David Anderson - March of the Lost Boys - YouTube

Anne Lloyd, Dan Ocko and David Anderson - What Made the Red Man Red - YouTube

Peter Pan 2246-B - Blue Tail Fly – Skip To My Lou – Clementine – Mexican Hat Dance - Jack Arthur - YouTube

Blue Tail Fly / Skip To My Lou - YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment