Saturday, September 30, 2023

A Time to Pause and Reflect

 

Being unable to download any photos today because of phone usage issues, I went back and counted how may action figures I have posted to date. I came up with an estimated (I say estimated because countin' and calculatin' has never been my strong suit) 1050 figures. Allowing for a soft valuation of $10 a pop (keeping in mind lower older costs, gifts, and garage sale discounts), that comes to $10,500 over the years (or $10, 640 if you give the Balrog his full cost). And I'm not even close to being finished, a fact which both elates and depresses me, and fills me with a small measure of guilt. On the other hand, if I had spent that money on more practical measures like meals or clothes, those things would be long gone, whereas I still have the toys! And if I had kept the money, what would its buying power be in this economy?


No comments:

Post a Comment