Sunday, September 24, 2023

Out of the Toybox (35): Broken Legs and Selectives

 

Some broken action figures. I am sure of Odin (Final Fantasy VIII; Kotobukiya Art FX). The other one (gray face, horns, masks of Comedy and Tragedy on armor) is a Death Variant figure (Diamond Select; 2003) from a comic book called Dawn. I bought it at Eckman’s in San Antonio. The little blonde girl I have no remembrance about, except the impression that she was an elf (?) that had something to do with dinosaurs (?).
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Stevenson Entertainment; 2005)

Hook (Mattel; 1991)
Charlie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Funrise; 2005)
Carl Grimes, Walking Dead (McFarlane)
And 2 little dead girls, about whom all I can remember is that I bought them at Hastings. Anybody knows who they are, I would greatly appreciate knowing.
I never thought I would have a Benny Hill action figure (the Toymaker from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang). Speaking of which, why don't they do remakes of movies that were 'almost good', like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or the Rex Harrison Dr. Doolittle, instead of already wildly successful properties like Charlie (or Willy Wonka) and the Chocolate Factory?


Kenny and John have most of the 'Star Wars' figures. These are the few I've retained, mostly Yodas and smaller figures (which I've always been fascinated by; they stand out from the larger), though Gammorean Guards have always been good as stand-ins for Orcs.

No comments:

Post a Comment