Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Out of the Toybox (21): Tim Burton and Todd McFarlane

 

From The Nightmare Before Christmas

From Corpse Bride (2008)

Selections from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' and 'Corpse Bride' from McFarlane Toys. Beautiful sculpts, but joints so weak they fall apart the minute you look at them. More for display than play. As you can see, many are disconnected from their arms and legs and Miss Victoria is holding her own head.

And so we come to the end of the first bin dedicated to action figures. Well, technically, I suppose, the second one; there was that first one with the dragons and beasts and whatnot. There are many more action figures to come; I have at least 10 more 18-gallon bins. The benefit to me from this little jaunt (besides simple daily amusement) is that with a visual record I don't have to unpack everything to look over them. As you might see, my background has changed: one of the shelves in one of my bookcases collapsed last night and I had to relocate the contents to my desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment