Thursday, March 3, 2022

History, Science, Biography: The Shadow Library Re-Organized

The Dragons of Eden … Carl Sagan

The Story of the Irish Race … Seumas MacManus

Pictorial History of Philosophy … Dagobert D. Runes

The Steel Bonnets … George Macdonald Fraser

How the Irish Saved Civilization … Thomas Cahill


Tower of London; The Parthenon; The Pyramids and Sphinx; Notre-Dame de Paris; Venice … Newsweek

The World We Live In … Time Life Books

Vidal in Venice … Gore Vidal


Don’t Know Much About American History … Kenneth C. Davis

Alec Guinness … Piers Paul Read

Apocalypse Culture … Adam Parfrey (ed.)

The Nature of Alexander the Great … Mary Renault

Boris Karloff: The Frankenscience Monster … Forrest J. Ackerman


Mammals … Herbert Zim

Reptiles and Amphibians ... Herbert Zim

Longitude … Dava Sobel

Genius … Harold Bloom

The Western Canon … Harold Bloom                      

Yeats … Harold Bloom

Seven Pillars of Wisdom … T. E. Lawrence


My goodness. I wish that when I had started 'The Shadow Library' I had popped the titles and authors in there, so it would spare me this task of making them all searchable. Trying to save labor, I have made myself at least three times the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment