Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Midnight Madness: The Shadow Library Re-Organized

 

                                 The Scottish Chiefs … Jane Porter



                            Catch-22; God Knows … Joseph Heller





Live from Golgotha; The Smithsonian Institute; A Search for the King; Duluth; Kalki … Gore Vidal


I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and remembered these books, or rather I should say I remembered one book and they kept pulling another one after it. My impression is that both The Scottish Chiefs and Catch-22 were 'garage books' at first, volumes that I think somehow Mom ended up holding for Uncle Bazzel. They migrated into our possession later, and Chiefs disintegrated at last. As for the Gore Vidal books, I find his work either eminently readable or completely impenetrable. These are some that I found his most forgettable, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment