Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Juveniles Relinquished: The Shadow Library

 

Susan got two of these Random House ‘apocryphal’ adventures of Oz, written by various authors (evidence suggests in the mid-Eighties). She later gave them to me and eventually I sold them. While I know one was “Mr. Tinker in Oz” by James Howe, I can’t place the other. I lean towards "The Seven-Leaf Clover".

I bought “The Rescuers” at a garage sale, not because it was a Disney tie-in, but because it was illustrated by Garth Williams, the artist famous for his work on “Charlotte’s Web”, “Stuart Little”, and “The Cricket in Times Square”. I was reminded of it just the other day because my niece boasted that she never got sick to her stomach, just like the cat therein. And so by diverse ways I recall parts of the Shadow Library.



No comments:

Post a Comment