Monday, May 6, 2024

Just Now And Then My Line Gets Cast Into These Time Passages

 


From the far-flung year of 1982 comes the Marvel Movie Special adaptation of Terry Gilliam’s fantasy classic, Time Bandits! Made in a time when comics were still printed by a four-color process onto crumbling newspaper stock (so full of character!) instead of being laser-blasted onto slick soulless white sheets, reading it at last was like a true journey back through time for me! Don’t let the #1, Volume #1 identification fool you: this is the complete story of the epic movie told in a mere 48 pages. At an original price of $1, I can only imagine that the reason I never bought it at the time was that I never saw it. Suffers a bit from the heavy-handed efforts of the artists and writers to translate Gilliam’s fast-paced humor into graphic form.


No comments:

Post a Comment