Monday, September 30, 2024

2019: Last Day of September, First of October

9/30/2019: Last day of September. At 5 AM or so woke up to the sound of rain, then dropped off again. Up about 6 AM, prayed, showered, dressed. Ready to start the wash and make chicken salad at 9 AM. My right "good" leg already acting up. So, did that, listened to GGACP [Gilbert Gottfried], ate turkey and cheese sandwiches, got Kam up at 10 AM, changed the wash at 10:30 AM, and again at Noon. A bit after 1 PM began the broccoli salad (sans cheese; another mix up). John called at 3 PM said he was coming over: he brought me some Pumpkin Delights (4 boxes!) that Donna had picked up, and some of his old shirts. Close on his heels the exterminator arrived. I started supper; Kam home a little after 4 PM after the exterminator had left. Made couscous and fish-and-broccoli pans. Susan got home at 6 PM with cheese for the salad. I went in at 8 PM but they hadn't eaten yet, but made Kam a corndog and some toast. Back in at 9 PM to clean up. At 10 PM rosary. Spent part of the day reading my old stories. Have already finished the first box of Pumpkin Delights; must take it easy.

 

10/1/2019: First Day of October. Wrote down dream about school test. Did devotions and catechism. Had breakfast at 9 AM. Went in at 10 AM; Kam was up and getting dressed. Took him out, brought the recycling bin in. Was inspired by the old "30 Days Has October" dream and now want to write THAT story. Made oatmeal cookies at 6 PM. Susan gave me some Halloween Peanuts action figures she found over the weekend; it included a Frieda I never had. Neat! Andy has had to haul cars this evening so it will be a while before I can wash up. It's 8:15 PM, and I think I'll pray the rosary now. It has already seemed like a LONG day.

As it turns out Andy cleaned up the kitchen after he ate. John answered my e-mails; he said they had taken their Halloween decorations out of the attic and were ready to set them up. I imagine that also means Uncle Silas.

Notes

I did write that story; under the name Aunt Jocasta. It is a Halloween tale published here on the blog. As for Uncle Silas ... he  has a long and storied history himself, fictionalized and also published here under the title Brother Silas.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment